With the legalization of medical marijuana in the state of Ohio, many questions have been asked about Signature Health's policy on medical marijuana and use with clients.
Medical marijuana is a challenging topic. It is true that Cannabinoids also known as THC has provided some benefit for...
* Treating illness occurring with cancer chemotherapy
* Increasing appetite in diseases such as AIDS
* Reducing seizure burden in epilepsy
These benefits were determined from a study with controlled amounts (purity & formula) of Cannabinoids in a safe setting.
In contrast, the current setting for medical marijuana in Ohio allows for the distribution of herbal products lacking standard purity, dosing, or formulation but in the absence of rigorous, controlled studies assessing safety and efficacy for specific conditions.
Currently there are no known benefits of medical marijuana in people suffering from or predisposed to psychiatric and substance use disorders. Signature Health will remain open to information on medical marijuana and evidence of marijuana products when they are safe, effective, and approved by Federal regulations.
What you need to know...Medical Marijuana is a complex issue with more risks than benefits
* As a Federally Qualified Health Center and an agency that works with federal programs Signature Health must comply with Federal laws
* Whether for medicinal or recreational use marijuana, is still considered illegal under Federal Law
* Signature Health providers will not prescribe, recommend, or distribute medical marijuana.
* Signature Health is and will remain a drug-free environment
Project DAWN is a community-based overdose education and naloxone distribution program. Project DAWN participants receive training on recognizing the signs and symptoms of an overdose, distinguishing between different types of an overdose, performing rescue breathing, calling EMS and administering naloxone.
It's that time of year again, the Signature Health Golf Outing. We will swing into action on Sunday August 19 at the Powderhorn Country Club, 3991 Bates Rd., Madison, Ohio. Registration is at 12pm, and we will start at 1pm. The event will feature many opportunities for golfers to win prizes throughout the golf course. View and print out the pamphlet below for more information, and to sign up yourself or your team to participate.
Easy Chair Yoga - Online Program
Tuesday, April 10th 2018 from 1:30 – 2:45 p.m.
Signature Health Main Building in Willoughby
Learn how to do chair yoga the healthy way, share recipes and tips, and get support from your peers!
* A healthy snack will be provided. *
No referral needed. Just show up ready to learn and focus on a healthy lifestyle! Any questions, please call Anne at 440-953-9999 Ext. 145
Discover your inner mom power.
You will meet other moms just like you.
You will gain support, understanding and friendship.
You will learn new things to try with your kids from other moms who have actually been there before.
Don’t miss out on this chance to do something good for yourself.
Every Tuesday from 12-1:30pm at 24200 Chagrin Blvd, Beachwood, OH
Call Jessica for more information 216-831-6466 ext. 11162
Walking to a Healthy You
Tuesday, April 3rd and April 17th from 1:30 - 2:45 p.m.
Great Lakes Mall, Mentor
Please meet in front of Sears (inside the mall) at 1:30 p.m. wearing comfortable tennis shoes and with a bottle of water.
We will start walking at 1:45 p.m.
Remember to eat a healthy breakfast and lunch before coming!
Please RSVP by calling Anne at 440-953-9999 Ext. 145
Smoking Cessation Program
· This group is for smokers who are ready to try to quit smoking in the next month.
· This group emphasizes techniques for quitting to improve success and
reduce risk of relapse.
· This group will be every Thursday- meet in lobby, and it will last 8 weeks.
· To be successful, it is recommended that participants attend all group sessions.
· Registration is required for this group.
Start date and time: Thursday April 5th through May 2018 from 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Signature Health Willoughby Main Building